Established in 1974, the Mount Dennis BIA is located along Weston Rd., running north and south of the main intersection at Eglinton Avenue West – from Ray Avenue in the north to Lambton Avenue in the south. Located west of Black Creek Drive and the home of the new York Community Centre (designed by award-winning firm of Perkins + Will Architects), Mt. Dennis is east of Jane Street and just minutes from the 401/400 highways. The area offers an exotic array of eclectic restaurants, cafes, shopping and services and is easily accessible via 24-hour public transportation.
As the last proposed stop on the new Eglinton Crosstown LRT and a major transportation hub on the old KODAK site that will eventually encompass a stop along the Kitchener/Union GO line click here for map, as well as the new Union Pearson (UP) Express, click here to see schedule, this area is ripe for redevelopment and tremendous business opportunities. Mount Dennis sits atop one of the highest topographical plains in the City of Toronto and is surrounded by lush ravines and parkland. Bordered on the west by the historic Humber River and on the east by Black Creek, it was founded by shipbuilder and United Empire Loyalist John Dennis in 1797 for its access to the Humber River (through Black Creek), the neighbourhood has been home to sawmills, wool mills, the Mount Dennis brickyards and the Conn-Smythe Sand and Gravel Pit as well as the Kodak Company Plant (1916 – 2005).
Mount Dennis is one of the most culturally diverse neighbourhoods in the Greater Toronto Area, representing more than 30 ethnic groups. It is also home to one of Toronto’s greenest communities, earning it the title of “Toronto’s Greenest Neighbourhood”.
Mount Dennis ~ Come grow with us!